29 30 31 1 2 3 4
Blog Home
New1000AD's blog before Friday Oct. 20, 2017
March 2013

Mar 4, 2013 12:22 AM
Read: 28408 times

Add Comment
New 1000 Ad and its Appeal to All Ages
In the early days of video gaming, war games we considered by many to be time wasters as they could be lots of fun but offered little to no educational value. The game mechanics of average war games were pretty basic and focused more on elements such as graphic and storyline. But dive into a good online war game and you will realize there is a lot depth and strategy involved. Here is a few reasons a game like New 1000 AD is good for all ages.

Fully Gameplay Focused

With a text-based game,you won't have to worry about violent content that can turn away younger audiences. Players are instead encouraged to use their imagination on how the scenes are portrayed. The lack of graphics also means that the overall gameplay is more emphasized,which is good because New 1000 AD is an online war game where lots of strategy is involved.

Exercise Your Problem Solving Skills

Mastering most types of game requires a lot of practice in certain areas.For instance, some games may require good reflexes while other games require more precision. But turn-based strategy games such as New 1000 AD can be treated much like a chess game where you can take as much time as you like in planning your strategy. So many things need to be taken into consideration, including diplomacy, where playing smart can lead you to victory. It becomes more like a puzzle where you have to figure out which civilization suits your playing style. Then you have to master the art of resource management since you have to create buildings in the game too. The decisions can mimic real life decision making, which makes this online war game even more compelling to the masses.

Challenge Real Players

In standard strategy war games, you have to outsmart the AI and while that can be tough, depending on the way the AI is coded,nothing can beat the unpredictable nature of a human player. Since New 1000 AD is focused on online multiplayer gaming, you get a chance to face some seasoned players that will put your skills to the test. If you believe you have what it takes, you feel the real thrill in overcoming tough opponents. Younger folks who are new to the game can challenge other beginner opponents so they can learn how to play and still have fun.

Always Up-to-Date

New 1000 AD shares the same benefits as other browser-based online games where you are certain that you are playing the latest version of the game. The game developers can make updates based on player feedback to improve the game balance or possibly add new features and anti-cheat mechanisms. There is also forum where you can discuss your own thoughts and strategies regarding the game with other active players. Player of all ages are allowed in the forum.
February 2013

Feb 24, 2013 12:50 PM
Read: 29011 times

Add Comment
Great memories of online war game
Looking back in my memories today a particular Standard round in 2005 came to my mind. I was in an alliance with DR,Rumbustification, Cerebus, LXC, Spank,Alchemist,Atlantis,Urrgath and myself. We went into round with every intention of whipping Terror Palace and proving we were best alliance in the game. There we 3 big alliances at the time Terror Palace who just basically dominated the game , Dark Sun and ourselves. We were Phoenix Knights but we eventually just combined with the alliance Roman General to make STYX AND PALS. Fun alliance.
Turns out the basic core of Terror Palace decided not to play that round. Petya and Lumen are only ones who decided to play that round. We allied with Dark Sun right away. Terror Palace beat us so bad all the time we just eventually had one of those your enemy is our enemy relationships. Pedder was leader that round. They had The Scum, Weapons of Mass Destruction,Bospar,Leeuw,Judgement Dave,Jibai,SP and Grapes of Wrath.
We dominate the rest of the game only weak alliances like Hyperion, Ghostriders and alliances like that we playing and Lumen and Petya solo. The whole game jumped on them so they didnt matter that round. About 3 weeks into a 4 week round Peddler tells me he wants to unally. They have top 6-7 spots. Im 8 ,Dr 9 etc. I know what will happen. They have more research,more land and frankly better players. DR,RUM and I carried the alliance. The rest were just fun guys to hang with. We are going to get slaughtered.
I am leader of alliance and DR is brains of alliance. He always thinks you win by outsmarting people and diplomacy. I believe in blunt force trauma. After telling the alliance what they wanted to do they pretty much resigned to their fate. I came up with plan to at least give us chance. I had 618 research and was Chinese, I was a deadly weapon. I wasn't giving up.
So I go to Peddler and Peddler only on MSN. His job to tell his alliance not mine. I know they are all in North America besides Bospar,WMD and Leeuw. I tell him 4 am central time saturday morning we unally. I know there is no way they are waking up at 4 am saturday morning to play a silly game. My entire alliance is in Europe except DR. Thats prime time for them. To my shock an glee he agrees. Everyone is told of the unally, only thing is Peddler didn't mention time to them. The massacre is on. I tell my alliance we attack at 4:01 am.
Saturday morning 3:55 am my alarm goes off. Im ready for online war. I log in and Spank and Cerberus only ones from my alliance on. Bospar is only one of from Dark SUN. They have three Japs and I know they have catapult research. So they have to go first. WMD is on like 11 mil land I have 15 mil land. I hit him fast because I know Bospar will text his friends or something when I attack. Knock him down and Spank hits him and Cerebus. Then I go after Leeuw, eat him fast. Bospar is online at about 25 mil land I have 25 mil land. He sends some message to me, I open it up and its in Russian. I don't speak Russian. I sent him message back that said I don't speak Russian but I love to eat Russian Land. Destroyed him in 3 hits. Now I'm taking 5 mil a hit which is quite a bit in Standard.
Suddenly all of DS comes on. Jibai,SP,Peddler Judgement Dave and GOW. The gigs up. Spank just goes offline. He gives up. DR logs on about this time, Rum also. I have a 5 minute grace period before DS can attack me. So its time to go on a spree. I wipe them out one by one quick. I'm at 100 mil land fast but running low on resources. 4th round ever. My theory of blunt force trauma doesn't take into account supplying an army for long runs at this point in my game. Anyway, Jibai last to be eaten. I take huge land grabs off him in 3 hits. I have 200 fort,200 attack and 100 conquer land. Im unstoppable in Standard.
Im at 140 mil land next guy has 60 mil land . They destroy my alliance at the 6 minute mark. My alliance is pissed at me. Bospar homelessed Spank fast. So Im out of turns at 6 hr mark and can't fill my forts. Im dead I know it but Im in 1st !!! They broke my defence and knocked me down to 5 mil land and homelessed me. I started to rebuild and WMD homelessed me while rebuilding. Then Scum caught me and Leeuw also. So I waited. 280 turns. I rebuild in 75 turns. I have 210 turns. I cant win but Leeuw,WMD and SCUM got what was coming to them, that round and several rounds after that. SCUM HATES ME !!
Anyway, that was my favorite round of all time. I have so many good rounds though . A simple and fun addiction.

http://www.new1000ad.com

Feb 13, 2013 11:48 PM
Read: 29418 times

Add Comment
Great turn based game
I have come across several online games and have spent countless hours on the internet playing my favorite games. One of the advantages of playing all these games in I get a real good idea of what is good and what isnt. Or least I like to think so.
New 1000 ad is a great treat to online game lovers. People can unlimited fun playing this game if they love turn based games. The best part about playing these games is not only do they have fun playing turn based games but they are able to enhance their strategic thinking skills. New 1000 Ad is one of the best turn based games I have come across online. This is a multiplayer game that allows you to interact with players from around the world online. You will also use your diplomatic skills with the alliance angle of the game. You can play this game in real time with real players the game becomes so much more interesting than playing against computers who have preplanned moves and reactions.
There are two versions of this turn based game namely Standard and Blitz games. The standard version runs a 28 days round with new turns being awarded every 9 minutes.The Blitz game has a 21 day round with new turns being awarded every 3 minutes. Both turn based games give excellent opportunities for players to improve their mathematical skills.Besides the two gaming options you can also relive history by choosing from one of the 10 civilizations. Turks ,Byzantine, Incas, Chinese, Japanese, Franks, Barbarians, Mongols, Vikings and Zulus.
People that love turn based games and online war games in general are gradually getting hooked on New 1000 AD. Which allows players to try so many different strategies. New 1000 AD is also one of the safest online war games you will come across. You dont have to download any software to your computer. You can play this game safely from any part of the world since the game is 100% browser based.
You can also interact with players with the in game chat function. Chat with older players about strategies or set up attack runs with team mates. There are tons of tutorials in the forums and the new player tutorial. The video tutorials also help players learn the game faster and have more fun. As a person learns the various civilizations and tries all the different strategies the game becomes even more interesting. People just need to try this game for themselves and see it isnt like other online war games. The game has kept me awake at night thinking about how to get more research, how to explore for more land , how to dominate the market. It gets under your skin.
The best part of New 1000 AD is not only is it a great turn based game it is also free. People can make a free account and play as long as they like. One problem is have a bad chance of getting addicted if you really enjoy turn based games with live competition.
January 2013

Jan 11, 2013 01:21 PM
Read: 30387 times

Add Comment
Auto protection comes to standard
After a lengthy delay auto protection will be implemented in standard this weekend. 10 ready made civilizations with research,buildings and resources all ready to go at 320 turns. Of course same with blitz there will be a $3 fee to avoid abuse and to help offset the costs of the site.
Turn based games arent as popular as they used to be and I hope this generates a bit of excitement for the game and gets some players who otherwise wouldnt play the game because of the long drawn out process of protection.
Other changes will be coming in the next few weeks. Mostly seo related changes to help improve our rankings and hopefully get more players into the game. We are starting to get alot of players from the past to come by and give the game a go and if we could put a few new players into the system the game could really take off. Still need to work on start up strategies and overall game strategies but in due time.

Inca Standard

Land

Mountains 50k
Forests 50k
Plains 400k

Research
50 attack
5 space

Population 1.3 mil

Buildings

Hunter 0
Farms 40k
Woodcutter 15k
Iron mine 15k
Gold mine 0
Winery 0
Toolmaker 4k
weaponsmith 0
Stable 1000
Mage tower 10k
Fort 0
Tower 0
Town center 1200
Market 200
warehouse 500
House 2k

Resources

Food 500k
Gold 15mil
Wood 100k
Iron 100k
Horses 10k
Tools 50k
Wine 0

Barbarian standard

Land

Mountains 25,000
Forest 30,000
Plains 470,000

Research 50 Wine

5 space
5 market

Population 1.4 mil

Buildings

Hunter 0
Farm 80,000
Woodcutter 6000
Iron Mine 11,000
Gold Mine 0
Winery 3k
Toolmaker 5k
Weaponsmith 0
Stable 1300
Mage 4k
Fort 0
Tower 0
Town center 1000
Marker 1000
Warehouse 4500
House 15000

Resources

Gold 20 mil
Food 500k
Wood 200k
Iron 200k
Horses 15k
Tools 40k
Wine 50k

Japanese Standard

Land

Plains 1,050,000
Forests 50k
Mountains 40k

Population 2,900,000

Research

Food 80
Space 5
Market 5

Buildings

Hunter 0
Farm 185,000
Woodcutter 12k
Iron mine 18k
Gold Mine 0
Winery 0
Toolmaker 14k
Weapons smith 0
Stable 3600
Mage tower 12k
Fort 0
Tower 0
Town center 2500
Market 3k
Warehouse 9k
Houses 30k

Resources

Food 10 mil
Wood 400k
Iron 400k
Horses 50k
Tools 150k
Wine 0

Gold 25k

Frank Standard

Land

40k mountains
40k mountains
1 mil plains

Pop

6mil

Research
35 food
5 space
5 market
30 explorers

Buildings

Hunter 0
Farm 350k
woodcutter 11k
Iron mine 15k
Goldmine 0
Winery 0
Toolmaker 15k
Weapons smith 0
Stable 3500
Mage tower 14k
Fort 0
Tower 0
Town center 2k
Market 5 k
Warehouse 5k
Houses 65k

Resources

Gold 200k
Food 2mil
Iron 200k
Wood 200k
Horses 10k
Wine 0
Tools 100k

Byz Standard

Land

200k mountains
10k forest
300k plains

Research

5 space
5 market
65 mines

Pop

2 mil

Hunters 0
Farm 0
Wood Cutter 2k
Iron Mine 5k
Goldmine 75k
Toolmaker 10k
Winery 0
Weapons smith 0
Stable 4k
Mage tower 10k
Fort 0
Tower 0
Town center 3k
Market 5k
warehouse 5k
House 20k

Food 2 mil
Wood 200k
Iron 200k
Horses 10k
Tools 40k
Wine 0

Gold 200k

Chinese Standard

Land

Mountains 40k
Forests 25k
Plains 440k

Pop

Research
5 space
5 market
50 fort space

Buildings

Hunter 0
Farm 70k
Woodcutter 6500
Iron Mine 19k
Gold Mine 0
Winery 0
Toolmaker 5k
Weaponsmith 0
Stable 1000
Mage tower 12k
Fort 0
Tower 0
Town center 650
Market 300
Warehouse 1500
House 10,500

Goods

Gold 50 mil
Food 1.5 mil
Wood 200k
Iron 200k
Horses 10k
Wine 0
Tools 50k

Mongol standard

Pop 1.3 mil

Research 60 w/t
Space 5
Market 5

Land
Mountains 40k
Forest 310k
Plains 150k

Buildings

Hunter 150k
Farm 0
Woodcutter 5k
Iron mine 15k
Gold mine 0
Winery 0
Toolmaker 20k
weaponsmith 0
Stable 2500
Mage towers 5k
Fort 0
Tower 0
Town center 2k
Market 1000
warehouse 4k
House 15k

Resources

Food 1,000,000
Wood 200k
Iron 200k
Horses 10k
Tools 200k
Wine 0

Viking Standard

Research 65 food
10 space
5 market

Land

Mountains 90,000
Forests 740,000
Plains 350,000

Pop 3 mil

Buildings

Hunter 340k
Farm 0
Woodcutter 12k
Iron mine 35k
Gold mine 0
winery 0
toolmaker 20k
Weaponsmith 0
Stable 4500
Mage tower 12k
Fort 0
Tower 0
Town center 3000
Market 5k
Warehouse 10k
House 30k

Resources

Food 2,000,000
Wood 200k
Iron 200k
Horses 20k
Tools 150k
Wine 0

Turk Standard

Research

Food 80
Space 5
Market 5

Land

Mountains 100k
Forests 650k
Plains 350k

Pop 2 mil

Buildings

Hunters 250k
Farms 0
Woodcutters 20k
Gold mine 0
Iron Mine 20k
Toolmaker 20k
weaponsmith 0
Stable 2500
Mage tower 8k
Market 5k
Warehouse 5k
House 20k

Resources

Food 1,000,000
Wood 200k
Iron 200k
Horses 15k
Tools 150k
Wine 0

Zulu Standard

Research 100 Food
5 space
5 market

Pop 2 mil

75k mountain
625k forest
250k plains

Hunters 220k
Farm 5k
Woodcutter 10k
Iron mine 35k
Gold mine 0
Winery 0
Toolmaker 16k
Weaponsmith 0
Stable 3500
Mage tower 5k
Town center 2500
Market 5k
Warehouse 5k
House 30k

Goods

Food 500,000
Wood 50k
Iron 30k
Horses 10k
Tools 125k
Wine 0
Gold 500,000
September 2012

Sep 1, 2012 03:09 PM
Read: 33590 times

Add Comment
Auto protection is coming to blitz this weekend.
We would like to announce that ability to have a ready made protection run will be available when the next Blitz round begins on September 8th, 2012. Players will be able to use any of the 10 civilizations for auto protection. For people who hate to explore or don't have the time or patience this will be the perfect time saver. Each civilization will have research,buildings, and land to represent a 750 turn protection run. Ufortunately because of fears of abuse there will be a $3 fee for auto protection. Come by and make an account and either play the traditional way or relax and have a ready made protection run done for you . Below is an example of what a person will recieve for a protection run for Mongols and Byzantines purchased for $3. Auto protection will be coming to Standard September 22 ,2012. Hopefully this will get people to play text based games a bit more.

Mongol Blitz

Research

175 weapons/tools
5 space
5 market

Pop 6.5 mil

Land ratio

Mountains 100k
Forest 1,000,000
Plains 900k

Buildings

Hunters 400k
Farm 0
Woodcutter 20k
Iron mine 45k
Toolmakers 200k
Weaponssmith 0
Stable 2500
Mage tower 70k
Town center 2500
Market 5k
Warehouse 10k
House 45k

Resources

Food 1,000,000
Wood 200k
Iron 200k
Horses 15k
Tools 1.5 mil
Wine 0

Byzantine Blitz

Research 175 Mines
Market 5
Space 5

Mountains 2 mil land
Plains 2 mil land
Forests 100k

Pop 13 mil

Hunter 0
Farm 10k
Woodcutter 15k
Iron mine 25k
Gold mine 700k
Winery 0
toolmaker 35k
weaponsmith 0
Stable 8k
Mage tower 130k
Town center 10k
Market 80k
Warehouse 60k
House 110k

Food 5,000,000
Iron 200k
Wood 200k
Horses 40k
Tools 200k
Wine 0
June 2012

Jun 21, 2012 01:49 PM
Read: 36154 times

Add Comment
Chat installed
Among the changes in the game that have been made over the last two year, happy to say we now have chat installed. Appreciate one of our players for taking the time to implement it in the game, Tommy K.
Now new players can join the chat in game and talk to some of the older players, hopefully the idea of a text based game will not scare new players if they can learn the game this way.
January 2012

Jan 25, 2012 06:13 PM
Read: 39315 times

Add Comment
Game features video
Been working on some other things to help improve the game and make it easier for new players to pick the game up. For whatever reason kids today seem to like a video much more than reading instructions. So for the lazy gamer out there Ive created several videos to help learn the game. I hope the help. Here is the first one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3tK2nHyF-A&context=C3f44e05ADOEgsToPDskJ-h7Ho0TkjwAfAPHF1KrnY

Jan 8, 2012 12:19 PM
Read: 39767 times

Add Comment
The army units of New 1000 AD
Thought today I would go over the army units in the game. What civilizations use these particular units also.

Swordsman - Good attacking unit.
Attack points: 8
Defense points: 5
Months to train: 4
Required to train: 1 sword
Land taken: 6 points
Upkeep cost (per month): 0.4 food and 3 gold
2 Bonus points against pikeman

This is strictly an attacking unit. Not good when used for defence. Civilizations that will use swordsmen for attack would be Inca,Byzantine,Mongol,Viking and Japanese.

Archer - Good defense units.
Attack points: 4
Defense points: 12
Months to train: 6
Required to train: 1 bow
Land taken: 2 points
Upkeep cost (per month): 0.5 food and 3 gold
2 bonus points against maceman

This is strictly a defensive unit. Takes very little land on an attack so not good used for attacking. All civilizations can and will use Archers for defence if economy allows.

Horseman - Good attacking and defense unit
Attack points: 10
Defense points: 10
Months to train: 8
Required to train: 1 horse and 1 sword
Land taken: 10 points
Upkeep cost (per month): 0.8 food and 5 gold
3 bonus points againts archer

The swiss army knife of units. Good for both attacking and defense. The primary attack unit of Turks. Byzantines and Japanese can also use horsemen armies effectively although the training time is a disadvantage to Byzantine and Japanese, Turks have a training bonus for horsemen that only takes 6 months to train.

Maceman - Easy and cheap to train attack unit.
Attack points: 6
Defense points: 3
Months to train: 4
Required to train: 1 mace
Land taken: 3 points
Upkeep cost (per month): 0.3 food and 2 gold
2 bonus points against crossbowman

This is an attacking unit. Not designed to defend land. Barbarian and Incas will use maces to attack. Both civilizations have a macemen production and attack bonus.

Pikeman - attacking and defending unit good against horseman
Attack points: 7
Defense points: 7
Months to train: 6
Required to train: 1 pike
Land taken: 5 points
4 bonus points against horseman

Alot like a horsemen as they can be used for attack and defence. This is the primary unit for Zulu civilization. Other civilizations can use Pikes but cost usually becomes an issue.

Crossbowman - Heavy duty defense unit (good against swordsman)
Attack points: 5
Defense points: 10
Months to train: 5
Required to train: 1 crossbow
Land taken: 4 points
3 bonus points against swordsman

Excellent defensive unit against swordsmen armies. Turks have a crossbow production bonus. All civilizations can use Crossbows but like Pikes cost usually becomes an issue in arming a army with crossbows. Excellent for online attacks against attacking armies.

Trained Peasant - Very weak unit that does not need weapons and can be trained very fast
Attack points: 1
Defense points: 2
Months to train: 1
Required to train: nothing
Land taken: 1 point
Upkeep cost: 0.1 food and 0.1 gold

They can be used for defence and offence also but the weak attack and defence points make this a risky proposition. The primary attacking units for Chinese because of the fort bonus and Trained peasant bonus.

Catapult - destructive unit that can demolish buildings, kill army or population. Only catapults can defend against other attacking catapults. You can only have 1 catapult per town center.
Attack points: 25
Defense points: 25
Months to train: 8
Required to train: 200 wood and 100 iron
Upkeep cost (per month): 0.5 wood and 0.15 iron

Here is what 1 catapult will destroy.

Catapult Population:
12 population per catapult.

Catapult Buildings:
.3 buildings per catapult.

Catapult Army:
2 army per catapult.

All civilizations can use Catapults. Japanese and Incas can use Catapults more effectively than most civilizations. Used to destroy armies, kill entire populations and destroy an enemies buildings.

Thief - thieves can steal information about other empire. They can poison water, thus killing army and population. They can also set fire to burn buildings and steal goods from attacked empire. Only thieves defend against thief attacks. You can only have 1 thief per town center.
Attack points: 50
Defense points: 60
Months to train: 10
Required to train: 1000 gold
Upkeep cost (per month): 5 food and 25 gold

Regardless of number..1 thief will do the same damage as 1 million thieves.

Steal Goods:
2.5 - 5 percent of players goods will be stolen.

Poison Water:
3 - 6 percent of a players population and people will be poisoined.

Burn Buildings:
2 - 4 percent of buildings will be destroyed.

Again like catapults, thieves can be used by all civilizations. They are used to steal enemies army info, research info, burn buildings, poison enemy troops and steal goods.

These are the primary attacking and defensive units for New 1000 ad.

Jan 4, 2012 11:18 AM
Read: 40063 times

Add Comment
Civilizations of New 1000 AD
I thought I would go over the civilizations in the game and explain what weapons they use, economy and other details of each civilization.

Vikings...One of my favorite civilizations. Nice economical bonuses in wood,iron and food. Can be a strong attacker or a strong explorer. Have a swordsmen bonus plus an archer bonus. Excellent civilization for newer players.

Franks...This is my least favorite civilization. They are basically a purely exploring civilization, which bores me but other really enjoy it. Economy will be based on food. Exploring mostly plains land, Franks can make massive amounts of food , for themselves or alliance members. The most powerful defensive towers in the game. Can make a nearly impenetrable defence.

Japanese..Another of my favorite civilizations...They are the multitasking civilization of New 1000 AD. With their research bonus, they can explore or attack with equal proficiency. Economy will be run off farms and food production. Very versatile civilization. With their town center bonus they can support huge armies of catapults and thieves. Can devastate empires with their ability to catapult other empires into oblivion. Swordsmen or Horsemen good attacking units for Japanese.

Byzantines...The money bank civilization of the game..With their gold mining bonus, they will be largely depended on the amount of mountains they own. Each turn a Byzantine takes, they make much needed gold. Byzantines success is largely dependent on the prices on the public market . By using less land for research towers, they have a nice research bonus also. Swordsmen is the preferred attacking unit and archers the preferred defensive unit.

Mongols...The most powerful military civilization in the game...A never ending supply of weapons and tools. With their weapons and tool bonus they are valuable alliance members. Extremely difficult civilization to learn and master. With their fort bonus they can support massive armies of swordsmen or archers. Mongols have the ability to play solo with very little difficulty.

Incas...By far my favorite civilization...Powerful attackers able to take massive amounts of land with their Shaman. The civilization of choice for killing empires in my opinion. No economy bonuses so Incas must make money by other means. Thieving is a preferred method. With the cost of research bonus, Incas need very little money to get research. Can make their own weapons. Maces are preferred attacking unit and towers the defensive unit most commonly used because of lack of economy. Also, can be a devastating catapult and thieving civilization.

Chinese...The battering ram ...Chinese have a fort space bonus that allows them to support huge armies of trained peasants. Trained peasants have no cost like other offensive and defensive units so they can continually attack an enemy until all the opponents defences have been destroyed. Will run an economy off iron sales. Very weak at early stages of game but with added research can be a devastating attacker.

Barbarians...The Bulldozer of New 1000 AD...Barbarians main source of economy is the sale of wine. Which also allows them to use their wine bonus to double their attack strength more easily than any other civilization. Weakness of Barbarian is they are dependent on the public market . Wine sales go bad, the Barbarian is stuck. Macemen are the preferred attacking unit. Archers or towers the preferred defensive unit. No civilization can stop a fully forted full wine barbarian from breaking their defences.

Turks...A powerful attacking civilization..Turks use the mobility of their horsemen armies to attack and defend at a moments notice. Also have a slight research bonus to help with research. Turk also has a nice crossbow bonus for weapon making. Crossbow army can devastate an attacking swordsmen army. Food is the main source of economy for Turks.

Zulu...Another civilization that can do it all...Explore with great success and attack with equal success. Food is the main economy of the Zulu. Pikemen are the preferred attacking and defending unit. Like a Frank can produce massive amounts of food for themselves or alliance members. With their pike weapon making bonus they also have very little problem playing solo.

I hope this gives a person a good idea of what civilizations there are at New 1000 Ad and an idea of how to use them.

Jan 3, 2012 09:57 AM
Read: 40319 times

Add Comment
Reasons to like New 1000 AD
I just thought I would talk about some of the features and the reasons Ive always loved this game. First reason would be, I like text based games. Im not big on having to have explosions or anything like that to enjoy my game. Its basically a book and Im in it. I read what happens around the next corner . Graphics dont make a game better in my opinion. The scoreboard is easy to figure out, I can message and make friends easily.
Second is it loosely based on history. Ive always liked history, even majored in it in college, before I realized I didnt want to be around kids but thats a whole different blog .:) When I was a kid I loved to read about wars that happened in the past. Now in my spare time, I can lead my Viking army against an army of Barbarians. Just anything to do with history is a plus for me.
Third reason would be it has a worldwide player base. The game has been online for 10 years under the name 1000 AD. The site went down so I put the game back online, so over those years the game has developed a list of characters. Some friends, some enemies. Nothing better than going against an alliance of blood thirsty Russians in Standard. Good times.
There are alot more reasons I like this game so much. It was easy to learn, great tutorials and information in the forums. Easy to use message system and lounge so I could find players to team up with. The different army units, buildings and resources to make it challenging also. I highly recommend people give the game a try. Ive played for 8 years now and still enjoy it.

Jan 2, 2012 01:00 PM
Read: 40623 times

Add Comment
New 1000 AD..A text based war game
New 1000 AD is an updated version of the original game 1000 AD. It is a free multiplayer strategy game based on civilizations around the year 1000 AD. It is completely text based and uses a turn system.
There are 10 different civilizations to choose from. Mongols,Vikings,Japanese,Incas,Franks,Byzantines,Turks,Chinese, Barbarian and Zulu. Each civilizations with its own advantages and disadvantages.
The object of the game is to lead your empire using alliances,resources and guile to the top of the leaderboard. Exploring and attacking for land are both options.

There are two different games to try. The Standard game which has a 28 day round and max turn of 320 turns every 48 hours and the Blitz game which has a 21 day round and 800 max turns every 41 hours.

Many different strategies to try and master and many different players from around the world to compete against. Create a free account and battle for control of the world of 1000 ad.

Time: Fri October 20, 2017 4:26 PM CFBB v1.4.0 64 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2007